One of the largest mobile network operators and internet service providers in the UK is EE(Everything Everywhere), followed by others like O2 and Vodafone. The company commands about 28% of the market shares in the country. Though this was in 2018, the numbers didn’t change much in 2021. Users can subscribe to their various plans depending on their requirements. Now, to manage your plans and check all the info, you have to use the My EE portal.
EE company operates under the BT group which is a multinational company providing leading services in mobile, broadband, and fixed-line. They provide various subscriptions and plans for their 25.8 million users. That’s right, that’s the current number of users that the service provider has. All this took around 11 years since EE began in 2010. EE wasn’t always owned by the BT group. The company started as an endeavor between France Telecom and Deutsche Telekom.
My EE Portal Services
Anyone can use the My EE portal to manage and check up on their plans, data usage, recharge or add add-ons, check EE balance, etc. Some other options in the portal are to check usage, allowances, check for upgrade availability and status, and lock content. There’s also an option to share your extra data with other users, in case there are multiple plans for your account. Users can manage/change their account settings, password, and other personal info.
All info concerning their plans is available on their portal accounts. All you have to do is create an account and log in to it.
Similarly, the same features and options are also accessible from the My EE app. Just install and log in to the app, and access the necessary info. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices. Users can download it from the Play Store and App Store respectively. Everything that you can do from the portal can be done from the app in well. We will discuss the app in detail after a while. First, let us talk about the portal and its login procedure.
My EE Login
Here, we shall list out a few steps for users who do not how to use the My EE account login for this portal.
- First, visit the MyEE login portal using this link for the page – https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login
- The page has a minimal design with two empty fields. Users have to fill in these empty fields with their username and password.
- The username is the email address, so type in the email address and password. When you are done, click the Login button.
- This will log you in to your MyEE account. Now you can check and manage your plans etc.
- If you want the login page to remember your username, then check the “Remember my email address” option before you hit that login button.
Now the above tutorial may not be successful for some users. The reason for that is they might have forgotten their email address or password. Do not worry though, we got it. There is a simple way to access the account by recovering the email address or by changing the password. Check the next tutorial for solutions.
Forgot the Email Address for My EE Login
- Use the same EE login UK portal link and head over to the login page – https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login
- Here, click the “forgotten email address?” option that is right under the empty email address field.
- Now hover over to that option, and you see a message. It says, check all your emails inboxes to see which one was used for this portal.
- Use keywords like EE account or EE password in the search box of email.
- This will help you find which mail was used for the MyEE Login.
Forgot Password for MyEE Login
- Again, open the same portal with this Login link – https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login
- Now, under the password field, there is a “Forgot password” option. Click it.
- This will redirect you to another page where you have to enter the registered email address of this account.
- Then head to the inbox of this email and check for a password reset link.
- Open the link and assign a new password to your account and save it.
- Head back to the login page and use the new password to login.
How to Register for the My EE Login Account?
Users who do not already have an account in this portal can create one with a few simple steps. If you do want to create an account then follow the next few steps to create one.
- New users can click on this Register account link and head to the registration page – https://id.ee.co.uk/register
- On this page, enter the mentioned details like name, email address, password, and phone number. When you are done, click Register.
- After that, you have to verify your account using registered email address. To do this, check your mail inbox, as you will receive a mail with the verification link.
- Open that link to verify your account. This has to done within 24 hours of receiving the mail.
- When the verification is successful, open the account and link all the necessary info. Things like bank account info and payment options and connect your account.
- This helps you make payments online using your account.
For more info on this, check out this EE help page – https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/managing-my-account/how-do-i-register-for-my-ee
How Do I Cancel My Account/account in EE?
Every service provider has an option for users to terminate their services and switch to others. Before you can do that there are a few things that you should do. We will list out the things as well. Now, If you want to cancel your account in EE then we are here to help you guide on how to do that. The following steps will help you with that.
- First, make sure that there are now pending charges on your account. To find that out, call 150 from your EE phone to check. Also, use 07953 966 250 to call from any other phone.
- The same number is also useful to find switching information.
- If you want to do this online then check this Leave EE link (https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/leave-ee) or just simply log in to your account and go to menu. Then head over to “Account Settings” and click “Leave EE”.
- In case there are multiple EE mobile numbers linked to your account, then termination is only possible with 2 methods.
- One method is by logging in to your account, and the other one is to call the service provider.
I assume some of you have many other questions regarding the plan cancellation or things related to that. In that case, check out this Help Document that has answers to all your questions – https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/leaving-ee/how-do-i-cancel-my-contract-with-ee
About EE Limited
The EE company maintains its main offices in Hatfield, England. Apart from this, there are offices for the company that spreads across the country. That includes places like Bristol, Plymouth, Darlington, Greenock, Newcastle, and Sunderland. Their network coverage in the country is 99% for 4G and 2G services, and 98% for the 3G service.
Before it became a subsidiary of BT Consumer(BT Group), it was operated by under brands Orange and T-Mobile. Other than its main offices in England, the EE company operates over 700 service outlets across the country. They were the first to introduce the mobile payment option in 2011, which started with a joint venture between EE and Barclaycard.
Then they expand it by making a deal with Mastercard to bring the contactless payment feature. They used the NFC(Near Field Communication) technology for this. This venture continued with the addition of Vodafone and O2. More detailed information on their company is available on this Wikipedia page – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EE_Limited
Services Offered by EE Limited
The EE web portal offers many other services to its customers. Check them out from the list below.
- Book an appointment to visit the store.
- Broadband and landline services.
- Connect and use your Apple TV with EE, it also has BT sports and everything in 4K.
- They have various delivery options.
- Device guides on a multitude of devices like phones, tablets, watches, cameras, mobile and home broadband device.
- You can even select guides by brand like Apple, OnePlus, Oppo, Samsung, Sony, Google, Nokia, and a few other device guides.
These are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to services from EE, more info on the same is available from the Help & Support page – https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new
There are always going to be some sort of issues with the mobile internet or network connection. The broadband isn’t immune to issues as well, so one might face some problems with it. In any case, we are here to help users with some frequent issues that come with a mobile signal or a broadband connection. Let us see the issues and their solutions.
The simple thing to do when you are having an issue with your broadband connection at home is to contact support. To do that, text “HELP” and add your landline number to it, and send it to 60071. The tech support at EE will then scan your device and network for issues and give you appropriate solutions. In case, you need an engineer then help will arrive in 15 minutes.
Apart from that, there are a few things a customer can do to fix such issues on their own.
- The basic thing to do is to switch off your router and turn it on again. Most problems are fixed with this procedure. If not, then try the following things.
- Make sure that your landline phone is ON and is working perfectly. Check the connection and see if there’s a dial tone.
- Sometimes the service might not be active, which explains the problem. New users might face such issues since their account may not active until 24 hours after creation.
- Can you see the lights on the router? Is the power light OFF? Check all the connections to our router and make sure that the wires are plugged in. Replace any faulty cables.
A few more solutions are possible to fix the broadband issues, check them out here – https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/broadband-and-landline/home-broadband/how-can-i-fix-my-home-broadband-connection#article-title-2
Mobile Signal Issues
While traveling or in certain places, there isn’t enough network coverage. This results in slow internet and call drops, which is a frustrating situation. Sometimes places with thick walls can cause interference with the signal, resulting in low reception. There aren’t any specific solutions to those problems other than looking for a better spot with good reception.
In case there are network issues in the area then one can find it out here – https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee.
Go to the above site and enter the postcode and the device number, then click either “Check Coverage” or “Check Status”. This will assist one find better signal strength in an area, and also any network issues in that particular location.
MyEE App Issues
Just like the website, the app also has its issues. Most users face login issues with the app or sometimes the app doesn’t work at all. If the app isn’t working then go to your device settings and open the app settings. Select the app and clear the cache files and the app data. Restart your device, and this should fix it. If it doesn’t then contact their customer support for help, or check the EE community for answers – https://community.ee.co.uk/
EE Customer Support
Users who need help with their My EE account on the website or with the app should use their customer support number “00 44 7953 966250“. Also, check out their Contact EE site – https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee
This article pretty much explains everything that you need to understand about the My EE portal and the EE company. Along with the services that the company has to offer its customers. Check out the tutorials on account registration, login procedure, account recovery. All this should suffice for a layperson to get an idea about the My EE portal.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Who can create an account in the MyEE portal?
Customers who are using the EE services can register for an account in the My EE portal using their registered mobile/landline numbers. We have already provided a simple tutorial on how to register for an account in their portal.
How to download the MyEE app for Android and iOS devices?
What features does the App have when compared to the web portal?
Both the app and website offers the same features and options to their customer. The only difference that it makes is that the app can be accessed from anywhere and anytime since everyone now has smartphones.
What is the customer support for the EE portal?
Try this “00 44 7953 966250” number to get in touch with a support executive to get solutions to your problems.